"Ambitious, far-reaching, and impactful — David Epstein, bestselling author of Range
"This publication use something that many people really feel however can not verbalize." –Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
From the bestselling author of Peak Performance comes a powerful antidote to heroic individualism and the ensuing epidemic of burnout.
Achievement often comes at a cost. Angst, restlessness, frayed relationships, exhaustion, and even substance abuse can be the unwanted side effects of an obsession with outward performance. While the high of occasional wins can keep you going for a while, playing into the always-on, never enough hustle culture ultimately takes a serious toll.
In The Practice of Groundedness, bestselling author Brad Stulberg shares a healthier, more sustainable model for success. At the heart of this model is groundedness–a practice that values presence over rote productivity, accepts that progress is nonlinear, and prioritizes long-term values and fulfillment over short-term gain. To be grounded is to possess a firm and unwavering foundation, a resolute sense of self from which deep and enduring, not shallow and superficial, success can be found. Groundedness does not eliminate ambition and striving; rather, it situates these qualities and channels them in more meaningful ways.
Interweaving case studies, modern science, and time-honored lessons from ancient wisdom traditions such as Buddhism, Stoicism, and Taoism, Stulberg teaches readers how to cultivate the habits and practices of a more grounded life. Readers will learn:
* Why patience is the key to getting where you want to go faster–in work and life–and how to develop it, pushing back against the culture’s misguided obsession with speed and "hacks."
* How to utilize the lens of the wise observer in order to overcome delusion and resistance to clearly see and accept where you are—which is the key to more effectively getting where you want to go
* Why embracing vulnerability is the key to genuine strength and confidence
* The critical importance of "deep area," or growing a feeling of belonging as well as link to individuals, areas, as well as triggers.
Provocative as well as sensible, The Practice of Groundedness is the essential restorative to the unbalanced speed as well as native to the island fatigue arising from modern meanings of success. It uses a brand-new—as well as far better—method.
From the Publisher
Publisher:Portfolio (September 7, 2021)
Publication day:September 7, 2021
File dimension:1807 KB
Print size:288 web pages
Page numbers resource ISBN:0593329899
Product details :
>> Price sell: $15.99
(since Oct 16,2021 12:50:49 UTC) — [Details]
#Practice #Groundedness #Transformative #Path #Success #FeedsNot
- A DAY TRADING: FLYING START OVERVIEW FOR DAY TRADING
- Personality, Mindset & Money.: Personal Finance, Self Development, Continuous Improvement,
- Public Speaking Skills: Public Speaking Quick Study Handbook, Communication Essentials,
- Success Principles: Personal Branding, Accountability, Knowledge, Budgeting, Finance,
- Making cash terry Pratchett for Beginners: (Online Business, YouTube, Fiverr, Craigslist,